Pack for..Florence

Mangia, Mangia, Mangia and some sight seeing. A couple of weeks ago for spring break I traveled throughout the most carb-filled country in the world; Italy. I made stops in the major cities; Rome, Florence, Pisa, Venice, & Milan and picked up on the tourists and residences style at each one. I previously blogged about how to pack for Rome so next up is the college-city of Florence. For the month of March it rained a little more than I expected but the experience was still the same. The cobble-stone streets were full of small shops, designers, cafes, restaurants, and little holes in the wall. I have to admit Florence was simply the best place to eat no matter if it was a sandwich to take away (aka to go), coffee, or pasta. YUM

raviolis with truffle oil .. heaven
Gillis petite cookies
Gillis

Sandwich to take away at I Due Fratellini


My packing essentials:
Jeans- jeans are always my go-to, they are so comfortable and can be dressed up at night with heels
Boots- the cobblestone streets can hurt your feet in flats & the most stylish item in Italy are tall boots.
Scarf- the weather can change drastically from warm and sunny to cold and rainy so a scarf is perfect for those changes in weather and light to carry
Rain Jacket- it surprisingly rained a lot for the month of March
Tee-shirt & Light sweater- Florence is a college town full of college students (obviously) and tourists so no need to dress up everyone you see will be in tourist or college attire.


My favorite place:
Gillis - i managed to go here three times while in Florence. They had amazing morning pastries & cookies followed with delicious lattes and iced cappuccinos. They're outdoor seating is in the center on a gorgeous plaza where you can spot Hugo Boss & Zara. But be careful, for a cheaper coffee take it standing at the bar service can be quite expensive!


P.S- thank you again Vince for featuring me on Look 10 !! Please check it out :)

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link.
    This graph is for you:
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YJkdNi7eyns/S9u0pZ4GfiI/AAAAAAAAPpM/TdGwiUm2hK4/898_award.jpg
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to visit Florence! I almost did a semester there but it didn't fit with my schedule :(.

    Great packing tips though - I think I need a rain jacket now lol.

    http://jammer10am.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. seems you had a great journey!!

    >>I make some changes on my blog, please relink me or link me if you haven't!

    xoxo,
    fierceberry

    ReplyDelete
  4. hola guapa !que blog más bonito tienes,me gusta mucho,un beso!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo I love Florence I went there 2 years ago and loved it :)

    Char x

    ReplyDelete
  6. soo jealous you got to go to all of those places! looks beautiful and we hope to go there soon! thanks for sharing all that information!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that church looks beautiful!

    jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute blog!

    I opened a new fashion blog too, Please come by... I hope u'll enjoy it and be one of my followers.

    See you soon.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Florence is on my list of places to visit and my parents loved their trip there and it looks like you had a lovely time too...the food looks delish!

    Liesl :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. aaaaw... I'm starving right now and looking at your pictures makes me even more hungry... =)=) cool blog...

    xx
    V.

    http://vklbr.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

please leave me your love <3