Pack For...Venice



Venice the city of Romance
When I got off the train at Venice I saw the beauty that the town had. It is not like any other town in Italy with water taxis, water buses, gondolas, and outdoor seating over-looking the river. The cobble-stoned streets and bridges to get from one street to the other are magnificent but can hurt your ankles at the same time. Even though this town is full of tourists you can still dress to impress!

My five essentials:
day dress- day dresses are the perfect Venice essential because they can easily transform from day to night
cardigan- being right on the water the weather in Venice can be wet, windy, and cold. a cardigan will keep you warm and covered
boots- the cobble-stoned streets and bridges can hurt your ankles. boots will give your ankles the support they need while still looking fashionable
tights- tights are the perfect accessory and keep you looking cute but comfortable
headband- while in Venice I chose to throw my hair up in a bun to keep it under control from the wind but a headband can also do the trick and add a cute touch to your day dress.

My favorite place:
Harry's Bar is not only a bar but a restaurant  as well that claims to be the first to create the bellini (a cocktail with peach juice and prosecco) and once you try one you will know why! The restaurant can be expensive but the downstairs bar is the perfect place to try to peach cocktail and catch up on your daily adventures with friends. I spent my Easter here and it was a perfect way to spend the holiday.

16 comments:

  1. looks awesome.. you so lucky you there! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it there...Its so romantic...If you have a chance then go to the far end of the island. There is a beautufil park:)
    Kisses and enjoy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that reminds like almost 15 years back, hehe! school trip to Venice, only one day sadly, but it was in middle of Summer and so so hot! and the stores just had siesta, great! have some awsome fun! make sure to get mask..still have mine! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. bellinis are my all time favorite cocktail! so fruity and girly and I love it when they serve it in martini glasses!

    xox Vicky
    Bikinis & Passports

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! Looooove Venice! Oh how I wish I was there right now :)

    xxMK

    http://delightfulbitefuls.blogspot.com/

    Following you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my god,I love Italy!!!great post,you made my day with these pics,and it was a really BAD day... :/ thanks for sharing!

    www.smellslikefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGGG! venice looks so beautiful! luck u went there! would love to visit! :)

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. that is sooo cool! i want to go to venice and ride a gondola. the gondola ride at the venetian hotel in las vegas is ok, but i want the real thing. :D

    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful photos - ive always wanted to go to venice!

    if you have the time come to my blog and vote for my illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This place looks beautiful!

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for the visit!!!! Lovely pics of venice!!! i love italy!!! :)

    i follow you, ok??? you have a nice blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. awe Venice, you're a lucky girl, and fashionable too...thanks for stopping by & your comment, hope to see u again soon :) happy travels!

    fashionableroad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. can't wait to go there! it's weird because I was at a Harry's Bar in Paris and they said they were the first to create the Side Car and the White Lady...I wonder if they are connected?

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh wow! i've wanted to go to italy so badly after taking an art history class on the italian baroque! so wonderful! thanks for stopping by my blog! yours is wonderful! fashion and travel, so great!

    melissa

    http://www.glamoretta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

please leave me your love <3